Are you looking for an easy to prepare recipe, that you can prepare in bulk for multiple lunches? Look no further than these Easy Chicken Kebabs.
My husband has become quite the grill master these days, especially during the summer when heating the house with the oven does NOT sound appealing. If you don’t have a husband who fancies the grill, no worries! It is so easy, even I could grill it!
Chicken kebabs are a fun way to add lots of veggies to your dish, as well as a healthy source of protein without too much fuss! If you have kids that are old enough, they can help you assemble them as well– fun for the whole family. *Disclaimer, this does involve raw chicken, so proper handwashing is essential 🙂
Tips for preparing Easy Chicken Kebabs:
- Keep a consistent pattern when assembling. This will assure each kebab is packed full of the same yumminess.
- Other than seasoning, you can use pretty much whatever floats your boat! My family has tried teriyaki, a pineapple Hawaiian marinade, and soy sauce. However, none are as yummy nor as convenient to use as Pappy’s Choice Seasoning!
What to eat with Easy Chicken Kebabs
If you are looking to prepare this to have on hand for multiple meals (as in, “meal prep”) then I would recommend good ol’ fashion brown rice as a side.
You could also have potatoes, green salad, or noodles as a side dish. Honestly, it is whatever you fancy as a side dish!
The recipe I made below made about 14 kebabs. I would love to know what you think!
Easy Chicken Kebabs
- 3 lbs chicken breast
- 6 whole bell peppers (variety of colors)
- 2 whole onions
- 2 whole zucchini
- 2 cups pineapple chunks (large)
- 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Pappy's seasoning
- Before assembling kebabs, soak the skewers in shallow pan of water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat outdoor grill on medium.
- Slice chicken breast into cubes. Place in large bowl and cover with avocado or olive oil. Season lightly with seasoning of choice.
- Prepare vegetables: Remove seeds from bell peppers and cut into large squares. Slice zucchini into coin shape (about 1/4 inch thick). Cut onion in quarters.
- If your pineapple is not already in large chunks, now is the time to cut it.
- Line up your fruits and vegetables, ready to assemble on skewers. Each skewer should have a little bit of each item, you may pick the pattern yourself.
- Place kebabs on grill and grill, just charring the edges (about 10 minutes, depending on heat level).
- Remove from grill and enjoy with side of choice!